• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Boston - Breakfast/Brunch Near Airport?

LoriZig

I've done a few search combinations but haven't been able to find any breakfast and/or brunch places near airport.

We have some friends in town for the marathon and they're staying at the Airport Embassy Suites. They're on a strict schedule so we're going to try to see them around 10 for breakfast/early brunch but we need to go somewhere close so we can maximize our visit before they leave for the tour they have scheduled for early afternoon. Any suggestions?

As much as I hate to say it, I don't even care if it's especially good as long as it's nearby and, you know, not poisonous or filthy. Ha? :blink:

You say I am mysterious. Let me explain myself. In a land of oranges, I am faithful to apples. ~ Elsa Gidlow

Sorry not to have posted in time for your Marathon bfast, but for future reference, there are some reliable choices in East Boston that might fit the bill. I've eaten at both, though not for breakfast. Both very casual neighborhood places.

303 Cafe. They have a weekend brunch menu as well as a breakfast menu.

Angela's Cafe. Really good Mexican food, especially the moles. I don't see a breakfast menu on the website, but they open at 8 am. I'm making a note to myself get over there for breakfast.

• 3 weeks later...

Linda, thank you so much for responding! Hopefully, someone else might find this useful.

The good news is that we actually *did* end up at the 303 Cafe! What a wonderful surprise- it was good enough to make it onto our destination dining list, as we live about 40 minutes south. We will happily visit again on a lazy weekend.

I ordered the "cheesy bread pudding with tomato jam" and it absolutely blew me away. The bread pudding was savory, cheesy and lush and the tomato jam was the perfect sweet and tangy complement. Everyone tried it and agreed.

My husband had the huge, stuffed breakfast burrito and loved it. Our guests are very conservative eaters (I don't know what they'd have thought of Angela's but I know *we* want to try it!) and had already had a bite at the hotel, so they ordered yogurt with fruit and granola.

I definitely won the award for best item, although the burrito and yogurt with fresh fruit and granola were great. We also ordered some home fries for the table and they were excellent with interesting and delicious herbs and spices without being overly seasoned.

We all had a drink with our early brunch- I had a belini that was just perfect. I was also the only one brave enough to try a soda made from rice. It was different and delicious and refreshing. Coffee was great too.

You say I am mysterious. Let me explain myself. In a land of oranges, I am faithful to apples. ~ Elsa Gidlow