• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Irish Soda Bread

Porthos

I need some help. I'm not really a baker but I made this recipe for Saint Patrick's Day and was very happy with it. My bread-loving DW really enjoyed it. :wub: I didn't put it in a buttered pan, I just formed it and put it on parchment paper on a 1/2 sheet pan.

I want to double the recipe but make 6 mini-loaves instead of 2 regular size loaves. Aside from figuring out a new baking time for it (if I need to change the time) are there any pitfalls in my path for trying to make smaller loaves from the same recipe? I still going to bake them on parchment paper on sheet pans.

Any help from those who understand bread baking will be most gratefully accepted.

Edited by Porthos (log)

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

Another question about this recipe. I made a point of buying a convection oven when we replaced our range a few years ago but I rarely seem to use the convection feature. Can I use convection successfully for this recipe to speed up the bake time or do quick breads need the full time to develop?

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;