• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bar Boulud London

I couldn't actually see a topic on this one - so thought I might as well add one. As many of you may know, Daniel Boulud has been over to promote his new Bar Boulud at the Mandarin Oriental. We caught up with him for a chinwag and here's the result:

http://www.hot-dinners.com/Features/Articles/talking-to-daniel-boulud-new-yorks-greatest-chef-comes-to-london

Some interesting stuff, I thought, particularly his reaction to Michelin stars and how it can help with tourists (I've been gauging a restaurant by that myself once or twice in NYC), as well as some details about the opening (Chef, food etc) and the possibility of him bringing his After Hours programme to the UK.

Haven't been to Bar Boulud in the US, or Daniel, but have been meaning to try. Anyone been who can give impressions?

Hot Dinners - London's Top restaurants, reviewed by the critics and you