• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Manhattan Cocktail Classic

KatieLoeb

I was really excited for this event, but once I looked at the seminar schedule, several seemed to be quite similar in content (and with the same presenters) as ones I'd already attended at Tales of the Cocktail in July. The seminars I was most interested in attending are all on Sunday, and unfortunately I have to be in Cape May, NJ Saturday evening to help with a wedding reception that's happening on Sunday. I would have come up for some of the Saturday seminars, but the two I was most interested in are scheduled at the same time. :angry: So I would have to drive 2.5 hours north to only attend one seminar and then leave and drive 3.5 hours south to be where I had to be. Too much fuss for not enough pay off. I'll be looking forward to the full scale event in the spring and will sign up way in advance for the seminars that interest me.

I hope anyone that is attending will report back in this thread and let the rest of us know how it went, the content of the seminars they attended, what the "bar tours" were like, etc. I'm curious about what I'm missing and would like to hear some perspective on this inaugural weekend's events.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol