• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dark Chocolate Brownies

bleudauvergne

Dark Chocolate Brownies

Serves 8 as Dessert.

This is the brownie part of a recipe I made for Chcolate Cheesecake brownies. In my opinion, the cheesecake and the brownies were both wonderful but they ended up competing with each other. The brownie part was really wonderful, and should be enjoyed without competition. This is the brownie part.

For chocolate, I used 2/3 nestle dessert chocolate, which is 57% cocoa, an American equivalent would be your average bittersweet. The other 1/3 I used was a Lindt Excellence Noirissime 99%, and an equivalent would be the closest you can get to pure unsweetened chocolate as you can.

The sugar I used was granulated pure cane sugar, not the beet derivative stuff.

This recipe does not need vanilla.

• 65 g fresh butter
  • 200 g dark chocolate
  • 80 g all purpose or French type 55 flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 large eggs
  • 215 g granulated sugar

Heat the oven to 175c or 350f.

Grease a rectangular (about 8"x12" or 20x30cms) baking pan.

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, and set aside.

Beat the eggs and sugar until very thick, fluffy, and lemon yellow. This could take awhile.

Carefully melt chocolate and butter on medium power in the microwave or the best way you know how.

Fold the chocolate/butter mixture into the egg/sugar mixture, and then sift and fold in the above mentioned flour mixture. Pour into pan and bake 20-30 minutes, until the top is crusty and it is set.

Keywords: Dessert, Brownies/Bars

( RG931 )