• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cranberry Orange Biscotti

torakris

Cranberry Orange Biscotti

Makes about 4 dozen.

I got the idea for this when I had a small amount of leftover cranberries and then saw a recipe for an orange flavored biscotti. I modified the recipe and all of my testers raved about the results!

• 2-2/3 c all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 c granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 c orange zest
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 c fresh cranberries, chopped in large pieces
  • 5 T olive oil (mild flavored, extra virgin works fine)
  • 3 T fresh orange juice

1. Line to baking pans with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 F.

2. Whisk the four, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl, add the orange zest and cranberries and mix well with a wooden spoon.

3. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, olive oil and orange juice.

4. Pour the liquid ingredients into the center of the flour mixture and stir until blended with a wooden spoon.

5. Dump the sticky dough onto a foured surface and divide into 4 pieces, gently shape each piece into a log about 12 inches long and 2 inches wide.

6. Place on the baking sheets at least 3 inches apart and bake until they are fairly firm in the center about 23 minutes.

7. Place the baking sheets on racks until they have cooled down, about 30 minutes.

8. Slice the logs with a serrated knife on the diagonal so they are about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thick. Place the cut pieces back on the baking sheets.

9. Bake (still at at 350 F) for about 8 minutes, then turn them all over and bake for another 8 minutes.

10. Let cool for a couple minutes on the sheets before transfering to racks to cool completely.

Keywords: Dessert, Easy, Fruit, Cookie

( RG779 )

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"