• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[DFW] Lola Closing

Kevin72

That is unfortunate news. I am truly sorry to hear it.

In the article ,one night Leslie was doing the tasting menu, there were no other people eating in the tasting room. If more people would show up, they probably would not be closing. I am surprised they would stick through the slow summer months and then close when thing usually are picking up.

I agree it is a place I would hate to see closed

• 1 month later...

Went here last night for our last meal. Had to do the Tasting Room of Course.

Atlantic Oyster with Green Chiles and Lime

Chicken Liver Crostini with Beets and Watercress

Cauliflower Soup with Almonds Raisins and Curry Oil

Stuffed Squid with Blood Sausage, Onions, and Salsa

Sweetbread Ravioli with Sage and Brown Butter

Crispy Pork Belly With Figs and Semolina Gnocchi

NY Strip With potatoes, Haricot Vert, and Beef Tongue

Grapefruit Granita

Foie Gras with Apple Clafoutis

Cheese plate with roasted grapes and fennel/raisin crackers

Lemon/Gin Curd, Blueberries, Pie Crust

They seemed to be pushing the envelope more than the previous Tasting room experience I'd had, with lots of offal.

It was truly an excellent meal, particularly with courses 3-6. The only issue I'd have is that the oyster wasn't as cold as I'd have liked, and the final dessert seemed to have too much going on. But otherwise I was astounded. Chef Uygur seems to be experimenting with Indian flavors and they really came through in the cauliflower soup, as well as in the blood sausage which used some telltale Indian spices that were offset wonderfully by the salsa verde. Another detail I noticed was how seasonally on-point the menu seemed: it very much straddled the line between late summer and early fall.

He seems to be pulling out all the stops in his last days there. Go while you can and mourn the loss for Dallas.

Edited by Kevin72 (log)