• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

1 hour ago, TicTac said:

Love this.  Been wanting to get into growing micro greens for a while.  Any suggested web resources for learning?  Where do you order your seeds from? 

I think the kiddies would have a blast with this.

I'm not Annie, but I've been using Mumm's Sprouting Seeds in Canada and Sprout People in the US for my seeds and supplies. They have quite a lot of info on their sites also. Lots of other sites and sources, of course, but these ones have served me well. 

Mostly I just grow sprouts using an Easy Sprouter (or here in the US) but I also grow pea shoots. I just grow my pea shoots in water (no soil or growing medium), using a SproutMaster tray, which unfortunately doesn't seem to be available anymore at my usual sites. I didn't want to fiddle around with soil, but there are several options for growing shoots and microgreens. 

I'm sure @Annie_Hwill have more to add. 

FauxPas

FauxPas

1 hour ago, TicTac said:

Love this.  Been wanting to get into growing micro greens for a while.  Any suggested web resources for learning?  Where do you order your seeds from? 

I think the kiddies would have a blast with this.

I'm not Annie, but I've been using Mumm's Sprouting Seeds in Canada and Sprout People in the US for my seeds and supplies. They have quite a lot of info on their sites also. Lots of other sites and sources, of course, but these ones have served me well. 

Mostly I just grow sprouts using an Easy Sprouter (or here in the US) but I also grow pea shoots. I just grow my pea shoots in water (no soil or growing media), using a SproutMaster tray, which unfortunately doesn't seem to be available anymore at my usual sites. I didn't want to fiddle around with soil, but there are several options for growing shoots and microgreens. 

I'm sure @Annie_Hwill have more to add.