• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO Pierre Herme's Vanilla Tart Recipe

Scout_21

Hello,

I'm trying to find Pierre Herme's Vanilla Tart recipe. I have PH10 and La Patisserie but could not find it in either of those books. All I really know is that it incorporates a vanilla mascarpone cream. Any help would be most appreciated.

Are you writing about the "Infinement Vanille" tart?

I was also surprised not to see it in PH10.

But, It seems the creme mascarpone that he uses often these days is basically that creme anglaise based mascarpone cream that's in PH10 in at least a few places.

It also has a white chocolate ganache too.

You could google for the recipe...

Edited by tan319 (log)

2317/5000

Yeah I am writing about the Infiniment Vanille tart. It seems like that specific "Fetish" came about after the publication of PH10 as the macaron recipe is not in that book wither (at least his MACARON has it). Thanks for the tips...I'm sure the recipe is made up up the components from this other recipes.

I hope he publishes a book sometime in the near future with his latest pastry creations.

Cheers

Edited by Scout_21 (log)

• 1 month later...

In case anyone else was interested. I contacted Pierre Herme's offices to see if his Infiniment Vanille fetish recipes were ever going to be published. They responded saying that (a) new book(s) would be released this fall but could not comment further on any details such as subject or audience.

In case anyone else was interested.  I contacted Pierre Herme's offices to see if his Infiniment Vanille fetish recipes were ever going to be published.  They responded saying that (a) new book(s) would be released this fall but could not comment further on any details such as subject or audience.

thanks for that info!

• 1 month later...

Veronica (of Veronica's Test Kitchen and now Kitchen Musings) has posted the Infiniment Vanilla tart recipe. She was one of the lucky few to go to PH's class last year. She did a wonderful job with the recipe and making comments on areas where there was a lack of instruction from the original.

Vanilla Tart Recipe

I hope others will find this enjoyable. Cheers

What is vanilla powder?

Here's a link to some vanilla info. It should be ground vanilla beans (or extract) and sugar. I'm not sure how interchangeable pure ground vanilla and vanilla powder are but I would expect both to produce great results

Vanilla Info

Looking back at the pictures of both Veronica's and PH's tarts it might just be pure ground vanilla as most vanilla powders I have seen are a bit lighter in color. I hope this helps

Cheers

Edited by Scout_21 (log)

Thanks, Scout_21!

Vanilla powder is maltodextrin +vanilla bean "extractives"(?)

I use the Nielsen Massy brand.

It's an incredible product.

The flavor release is really something, I'll often combine powder, bean and a touch of extract.

It's expensive though, maybe 10 or so bucks by itself.

PH uses3 different vanilla in his "Infinement" line and you can get the package at Williams & Sonoma.

Bourbon, Tahitian and Mexican.

2317/5000

Veronica (of Veronica's Test Kitchen and now Kitchen Musings) has posted the Infiniment Vanilla tart recipe.  She was one of the lucky few to go to PH's class last year.  She did a wonderful job with the recipe and making comments on areas where there was a lack of instruction from the original.

Vanilla Tart Recipe

I hope others will find this enjoyable.  Cheers

thanks for that link!