• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

La Table Robuchon or Lasserre

yossi

Hello guys,

I'm traveling to Paris next week, and my restaurants list is almost complete. My only hesitation is regarding one of my lunches: Robuchon or Lasserre. I know both restaurants are supposed to be great, but I'd like to know what is your favorite among them.

Thanks in advance,

Yossi

Regarding Lasserre, do people still go there? It's a beautiful room, but based on a meal I had there several years ago, I wonder if they really try. Who, even, runs the kitchen? For that kind of ambiance and cooking that's meaningful, Ledoyen if not on your list, is surely a much better use of time and gelt.

Thanks Robert,

I asked about Lasserre after I saw Julot's last review of Lasserre (BTW Julot - I absolutely agree with you regarding Eric Briffard - I'm a fan of him since the old Plaza Athenee days...).

Are there any other opinions?

Robert, wasn't your visit before the Nomicos days? The last few visits I made to Lasserre were always flawless and very pleasant, with some dishes quite great. Also, there's something more festive about Lasserre when compared to Ledoyen, which is old and somewhat solemn, I find (not that they don't have the best food in town, mind you).

Yossi, to your initial question: the lunch at Robuchon will cost you 55€. The one at Lasserre closer to 100€. Both are excellent value. Lasserre is better and more exciting. Approximately twice so.

Edited by julot-les-pinceaux (log)