• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

I have this Hamilton Beach convection oven.

I use it for all my baking because turning on my big oven here in Costa Rica is like turning my whole house into an oven.

The broiler is a little wimpy but it does get the job done. It has a rotisserie feature but I don't use it. My last oven had a rotisserie feature and I used it once. It took longer to clean the sucker afterwards then it did to actually prepare, eat, and clean up after the meal. I'm really happy with this one and the price is certainly right. I like it for the double rack feature and the fact that it will hold a 12 inch pizza pan. Yes, it does get hot enough to make pizza.

The only thing that I don't like about it is it the print on the dials is very small, but the print is baked into the finish and does not wash off like previous models that I have had. It won't last you like your old one because this is the second one that I have had in 5 years but if it goes out I will buy another one just like it. I should say, also, that I use it everyday, sometimes two or three times a day.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

I have this Hamilton Beach convection oven.

I use it for all my baking because turning on my big oven here in Costa Rica is like turning my whole house into an oven.

The broiler is a little wimpy but it does get the job done. It has a rotisserie feature but I don't use it. My last oven had a rotisserie feature and I used it once. It took longer to clean the sucker afterwards then it did to actually prepare, eat, and clean up after the meal. I'm really happy with this one and the price is certainly right. I like it for the double wreck feature and the fact that it will hold a 12 inch pizza pan. Yes, it does get hot enough to make pizza.

The only thing that I don't like about it is it the print on the dials is very small, but the print is baked into the Finish and does not wash off like previous models that I have had. It won't last you like your old one because this is the second one that I have had in 5 years but if it goes out I will buy another one just like it. I should say also that I use it everyday, sometimes two or three times a day.