• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eating out on Christmas Day in Barcelona

Stephen_K

Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone has any information or recomendations for eating out in Barcelona on Christmas Day..... Looking for very good to Michelin Star restaurants within easy walking distance of La Rambla. Excuse my ignorance but do restaurants open on Christmas Day in Spain??

Any advice/recommendations greatly appreciated....

Cheers,

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier, Stephen. Very few restaurants will be open in Barcelona on Christmas Day or Saint Stephen's Day and most of those which are open will be offering special Christmas menus and are likely to be booked up well in advance.

However, the Barcelona Tourist Guide website lists several places that are open during this period:

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/...estaurants.html

None of these are Michelin-starred. Given the restricted choice, I would try for Botafumeiro (seafood), Agut d'Avignon (classical Catalan), Amaya (Basque), Tragaluz (modern Mediterranean) and Elx (rice dishes), in that order. I hope you find somewhere with room for you.