• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Black Cat

A restaurant in Boulder I dont see mentioned here is the Black Cat the food Chef Skokan makes there is as good as any in Colorado Frasca included. The only flaw really is sometimes there are service issues but when the food comes in it is good enough to make you forget any minor glitches and the service issues seem to be slowly getting ironed out regardless. Another thing of note in the summer months 80 percent of the produce used there comes from his garden. If you give it a try make sure if the duck confit is on the menu to give it a taste its fantastic. If you would be interested in pictures of the meal I have them up on my blog feel free to take a look. www.milehigheater.blogspot.com.