• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

panna cotta suggestion

iainpb

Hi All,

I made this at the weekend and it worked it really quite well. I used a standard pannacotta recipe (300 ml double cream, 150 ml milk, 3 sheets gelatine, sugar to taste) but i subsituted the milk for coconut milk. I found with using coconut milk the recipe didnt need a lot of sugar.

Works a treat - give it a go. I served it with a mango and lime coulis.

Hi All,

I made this at the weekend and it worked it really quite well. I used a standard pannacotta recipe (300 ml double cream, 150 ml milk, 3 sheets gelatine, sugar to taste) but i subsituted the milk for coconut milk.  I found with using coconut milk the recipe didnt need a lot of sugar.

Works a treat - give it a go. I served it with a mango and lime coulis.

That sounds great...I have some really good fresh locally made passion fruit juice in the fridge, and I think this coconut panna cotta beside a passion fruit sauce will work out great - very tropical! :biggrin: