• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Making some Guignolet

Beancooker

There is no forum for "Cordials" so I figured this was more appropriate than wine. If I am incorrect, would a Moderator be so kind as to move it.

Okay, so I had a glass of Guignolet at a friend's restaurant. It was one of the best things to have graced my palate. I used the recipe that he gave me, which is also the same one in the book "Aperitif".

1 Bottle dry red wine

3/4 C Vodka

1/3 C sugar

60 leaves from the cherry tree

10 cherries

I used sweet cherries, and leaves from a sweet cherry tree as well. Since it is the end of the season, I decided to make a ten fold batch, so I will have enough to last all year, hopefully.

I filled the carboy last week, and am waiting. I still have a week to go, and am getting impatient. I tasted some last night, and it is pretty awesome. I'm sure some more of the cherry flavor will come to life in the next week.

Edited by Beancooker (log)

Bottled it up tonight. What an amazing flavor that I have created. I am extremely happy. I had a few glasses, and it is phenomenal. This will be great to have with some pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving, or with some crème brûlée.