• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants Missing Michelin Stars

Morgan M and Pearl immediately spring to mind

Oh and that other Not Alain Ducasse At The Dorchester place

J

Oh Bonds too

There's a level of haute restaurants cooking at the * level, particularly ones in corporate/hotel backgrounds, where whether you get a * is basically a bit of a lottery - Bonds and Pearl def fall into this category. 1-0-1 too.

J

More Cookbooks than Sense - my new Cookbook blog!

Oh Bonds too

There's a level of haute restaurants cooking at the * level, particularly ones in corporate/hotel backgrounds, where whether you get a * is basically a bit of a lottery - Bonds and Pearl def fall into this category.  1-0-1 too.

That's quite a call. I like Bonds. A lot. But I've never thought it as an M* place. The service level certainly isn't up to it, but it's pleasant enough. The food is usually good, although sometimes I make a wrong selection. The dining room itself is spectacularly pleasing, I would say it's the best in the City. I certainly much prefer Bonds over, for example, Coq d'Argent in oh-so-many ways. Still not sure about a * though.

Cheers, H

Morgan M and Pearl immediately spring to mind

Oh and that other Not Alain Ducasse At The Dorchester place

J

Oh Bonds too

There's a level of haute restaurants cooking at the * level, particularly ones in corporate/hotel backgrounds, where whether you get a * is basically a bit of a lottery - Bonds and Pearl def fall into this category. 1-0-1 too.

J

Definitely 2nd Pearl. Had a stunning meal there last October and I'm going back for my birthday this year. The best truffle and gnocci main course ever.