• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi Time Wines rocks!

Penwu

I've been building up a list of interesting, hard-to-find liquor that just isn't available in Arizona (for some reason, Phoenix seems to have a serious lack of really good liquor stores). I saw a mention of Hi Time Wines somewhere, and when I checked out their catalog I found almost everything that had piled up on my "unavailable" list! The prices are pretty good, too. Maybe not screaming deals, but I'd've been willing to pay more for some of this stuff just because I can't find it anywhere.

They delivered overnight via private courier/package service (cost: $20 for a $155 order), so they might be able to skirt some of the shipping regs in some states. :unsure:

Anyway, I thought it might be a great resource for other folks in those poor over-regulated places. I'll certainly go back to them when I need to restock and get more unusual ingredients (Canton Ginger liqueur is definitely on my list for next time).

gallery_57297_6174_3423.jpg

As soon as I saw that Creme de Violette I spent a while trying to figure this shipping map out. Don't bother: it's wrong. Just call 1-800-331-3005 ext. 258 and ask them there.

$45 to DHS-air five bottles to the folks house in MA. No shipping to RI.

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts