• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Buy Local! Producer-Only Farmer's Markets

I can't find these comprehensive lists of producer-to-consumer only markets posted elsewhere, so here are the links.

Here is the link for the markets outside of Philly: Local Food Philly, Outside Philadelphia and this is the one for all of Philadelphia: Local Food Philly.

Several of the markets listed have a thread elsewhere, but these are the complete lists.

I have been going to the Oakmont Farmer's Market on Wednesday's (which has it's own outdated thread) and love buying straight from the farmers, all of which are located very close to the market. There is also a market in Conshohocken on Friday's that I want to try -- it's closer to me.

• 1 month later...

I did go to the Conshohocken Market (Sat 10-3), but it is quite small with only 3 vendors, at least when I went: cooked food, breadstuffs and produce. I think all are from Lancaster. Still, it is a great beginning for a market in this area.