• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best supermarket pies/baked goods

My son wants a variety of pies for his birthday party. Our kitchen is being remodeled so I can't bake and the few bakeries in this area are not that great. From what I saw at Giant, pies aren't cheap and don't look like anything special.

Which supermarket bakeries in middle Bucks are the best? Driving any distance is not an option. Wegman's is too far at 30 minutes away.

Acme

Superfresh

Giant

Genuardies

MCCAFFREYS (Yardley)

Shop 'n Bag

????

Edited by Mano (log)

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

We've always been pleased with Cramers Bakery in Yardley. It's not the best but surely way better than supermarket stuff. Matter of fact, I'll be there Friday to pick up a cake for our youngest daughter's party who just turned 21 yesterday. I know you live in Holland and it's pretty close by, I think you will like it.

Cramers Bakery

(215) 493-2760

16 E Afton Ave, Yardley, PA

Thanks for your recs. We ended up buying six pies from three different supermarkets all within a mile of each other. The party went easy as pie. :raz:

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)