• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner for 20-25 - private or semi-private room

eoksala

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to host a business dinner for 20-30 people on Sat. 7/12, ideally within walking distance of the Ritz near City Hall. Some members of the group will probably be heading over to the National Constitution Center afterwards, so someplace halfway would be great, but I'm not even sure that halfway between the two _is_ walkable.

Right now I'm looking at: Brasserie Perrier and Tinto. Price isn't as big a deal as a bit of variety of options for the fish, meat, veggie sort of folks. I know that both of them are in the wrong direction from the Const. Ctr., but from the reviews here they sound pretty good.

Being a former suburban boy (Chester Co.) my downtown Philly geography is a little rusty these days so any advice would be appreciated.

I've previously hosted something like this at Susanna Foo, but their semi-private room isn't big enough for the number of guests this time.

Thanks, and if you're ever down in my neck of the woods (DC) I'd be happy to return the favor.

Thanks,

-Erik

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to host a business dinner for 20-30 people on Sat. 7/12, ideally within walking distance of the Ritz near City Hall.  Some members of the group will probably be heading over to the National Constitution Center afterwards, so someplace halfway would be great, but I'm not even sure that halfway between the two _is_ walkable.

Right now I'm looking at: Brasserie Perrier and Tinto.  Price isn't as big a deal as a bit of variety of options for the fish, meat, veggie sort of folks.  I know that both of them are in the wrong direction from the Const. Ctr., but from the reviews here they sound pretty good.

Being a former suburban boy (Chester Co.) my downtown Philly geography is a little rusty these days so any advice would be appreciated.

I've previously hosted something like this at Susanna Foo, but their semi-private room isn't big enough for the number of guests this time.

Thanks, and if you're ever down in my neck of the woods (DC) I'd be happy to return the favor.

Thanks,

-Erik

It's perfectly walkable, halfway or otherwise. But there isn't a heck of a lot right there. You do have the new Ripert-fronted restaurant in the hotel, and they're bound to have private rooms.

Amada, Garces' first place, is three blocks past the Constitution Center, a twelve block walk from the hotel. Not sure whether they have the right space, but you can ask when you check into Tinto.

Starr has a couple of places you might check: El Vez is pretty good updated Mexican; opinions vary on comfort-fooder Jones, but I've enjoyed it the couple of times I've been; and Morimoto. The main reason I mention these is that they're about the only places which are located exactly where you need them. And checking on space availability and cost should be a snap.

Anyway, more when coffee kicks in.

Edited by Capaneus (log)

How about the new Table 31 in the Comcast Tower? I haven't been, but it's by the Perrier folk and close enough to the Ritz.

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer...

Homer Simpson