• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Winnipeg Restaurant News

Pam R

My mother met a guy from Iran, and he told her that there's a Persian restaurant somewhere on Pembina Highway that's "very authentic."

She seems to think it's in the Quality Inn near Grant, but a search of their website only shows a Sorrento's in the hotel. She's going to take a look for it.

Edited by prasantrin (log)

Teaching? Interesting...

I now regret not stopping by last summer. I quite liked their meringues (crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside), and I always promised myself that I would try one of their danishes (which looked quite delicious). Oh well...hopefully The French Way will have good meringues, too!

Mise on Corydon is now open, according to my source.

If you're in the mood for Filipino-style breakfasts, Juvian's opened a new space (in addition to the original) way out in the boonies (somewhere on McPhillips). It may be far, but at least it will get you away from the drunks who hang at the original location, and they still have the best Filipino-style bangus in the city.