• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kentucky Derby 2008 Menu

This is not an unexpected dish, but a traditional one. How about Kentucky Hot Browns? Not exactly fare for a BBQ, but fitting perhaps if you have guests over for brunch.

Hot Brown Recipe

That does sound interesting. I keep steam pans on the buffet for hot foods. I don't think the toast would hold up in a steam table for long with gravy on it. A biscuit might though or the aforementioned grits squares. Maybe for breakfast.

Veni Vidi Vino - I came, I saw, I drank.

Ok, blackberry bread pudding and the blackberry bourbon glaze for the tenderloin both sound wonderful.  Let us know how it all turns out!

I'm thinking about double butterfly cutting the loins and layering the glaze between the loins with blackberries and rolling them back up and tieing them off.

Do you think both dishes would be a little over the top?

I wouldn't think so, if I were eating it, although if you're worried about blackberry overkill, you could always do a vanilla-bourbon sauce for the bread pudding. Or would that lead to bourbon overkill? Either way, it sounds like a delicious dilemma!

Let me know if you want them.

Sure, I'll take them. I'm not sure when/where we can meet. I've got dinner with friend's going on tonight. I'm at home all weekend trying yto get a garden fence put in and a garden planted, but could meet somewhere.