• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Texas BBQ What's New in Austin, Lockhart, Lulling,

chefrodrigo

I don't know if anyone will remember the thread "Texas Gluttony" from a few years ago but we are coming back for more.

Podnah's Pit Barbecue will be headed south on April 20 for 4 days of "research" on bbq, beer, and TexMex. We are going to hit Lockhart, Lulling, Gonzales, and Taylor. Is there anything opened recently in Austin that we shouldn't miss?

See You Soon

Rodney

Things change slowly in the barbecue world. One thing is that John Mueller's in Austin closed a few years ago. And... have you been to Sam's? The best cue in the city now.

I had heard about Mueller's and I was sad. I used to live pretty close to Sam's and I was a late night regular. We'll add that to the list for sure.