• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

@ElsieD My test is about complete although I'm still holding onto my herbs.

After two weeks of storing my thyme, sage and parsley in my vacuum food containers

both are looking as fresh as when they went in.  I've yet to try some of the other herbs but so far I'm really impressed.  These were wrapped in a damp paper towel and then placed into the container and vacuumed.  

I've long been a big fan of vacuum food storage and this brand has ben overall the very best.  I tried growing herbs at home but generally they go bust when I need them the most, as in fall and winter.  Now I buy fresh and store them this way.

I will try some of the others and report back.

lindag

lindag

On 9/1/2021 at 9:45 AM, ElsieD said:

@ElsieD  My test is about complete although I'm still holding onto my herbs.

After two weeks of storing my thyme, sage and parsley in my vacuum food containers

both are looking as fresh as when they went in.  I've yet to try some of the other herbs but so far I'm really impressed.  These were wrapped in a damp paper towel and then placed into the container and vacuumed.  

I've long been a big fan of vacuum food storage and this brand has ben overall the very best.  I tried growing herbs at home but generally they go bust when I need them the most, as in fall and winter.  Now I buy fresh and store them this way.

I will try some of the others and report back.