• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 01/05/2018 at 3:10 AM, andiesenji said:

Because I write a lot of reviews on Amazon, I get emails with "New products that may interest you."  

I got this one  Mengshen Self Stirring Glass Mug  which has no reviews to date. 

I scrolled down and was surprised to see that there are a bunch of these "self-stirring" vessels.  And it's only 350ml, isn't that about 12 ounces?  That's not big enough for me.  My coffee mug is 16 ounces.

Have none of these people heard of a spoon?  

I have a self-stirring cooking appliance  because I don't want foods to scorch.  I guess it is too much effort to remove a lid and stir a beverage by hand.  I can see this being a good thing for someone who is disabled but they don't seem to be aiming at that market.

I acquired one of those about ten years ago. Bought because it amused me. I'm easily amused. Never used it.

liuzhou

liuzhou

14 hours ago, andiesenji said:

Because I write a lot of reviews on Amazon, I get emails with "New products that may interest you."  

I got this one  Mengshen Self Stirring Glass Mug  which has no reviews to date. 

I scrolled down and was surprised to see that there are a bunch of these "self-stirring" vessels.  And it's only 350ml, isn't that about 12 ounces?  That's not big enough for me.  My coffee mug is 16 ounces.

Have none of these people heard of a spoon?  

I have a self-stirring cooking appliance  because I don't want foods to scorch.  I guess it is too much effort to remove a lid and stir a beverage by hand.  I can see this being a good thing for someone who is disabled but they don't seem to be aiming at that market.

I have one of those about ten years ago. Bought because it amused me. I'm easily amused. Never used it.