• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Molecular Gastronomy" and "Kitchen Mysteries"

A Patric

Just a quick question:

Are the two books mentioned in the title both different, or are they different translations of the same French source material?

I own Molecular Gastronomy, and would love to buy a new Herve This book, but I can't find out anything about "Kitchen Mysteries", and the review of the book by Steingarten--from what I can tell at Amazon.com--is word for word what his review was for Molecular Gastronomy.

Thank you,

Alan

I just started reading Kitchen Mysteries. It's a new book (in English), published in 2007. The copyright for the French edition is 1993.

There are some similarities to the earlier volume, but this one aims to "explain" cooking in practical terms. There are lots of little essays on cooking techniques.