• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anyone heard of Dr. Bronners Chicken Livers?

Icanmakeit

This was year ago back in the 70's. My mom would buy blue cans of Dr. Bronners chopped chicken livers. They were delicious and a great substitute for pate' in a hurry. The came in a little blue can that I can't ever seem to find.

Has anyone else heard of these? And if so, can I still get them?

A quick google search for Dr Bronner reveals a company specializing in soap and such.

In fact, the searches - "canned chicken livers" - and "canned chopped chicken livers" did not match any documents. I also tried "chicken livers in a can", "livers in a can", and a few others.

The only combo that hit was "can of chicken livers", and that was as a recipe for stinkbait to catch catfish in the Ohio River.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. :blink:

Sorry I wasn't of more help.

Screw it. It's a Butterball.

I saw this and thought "how could they put rantings on the label of chicken livers?" thinking of Dr. Bronner's soap and the fabulous labels.

I wonder if you're confusing two different memories? I see some Dr. Eads hits on google, coupled with chicken livers, but no Bronner's.

Good luck. I feel your pain. I've spent roughly a decade looking for Virginia Hardy's Oven, pie franchise of my youth. Oh for a savory pie and an O. Henry short story (on the pie box). Sigh.

Edited by moosnsqrl (log)

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher