• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Danesfield house

Devonshire arms 0*

Sketch 0*

Danesfield house 1*

Clivedon 0*

Wintringham fields 0*

Waterside 1* (This in my opinion is what it should be)

from the michelin post, you seem to like it, what did you think?

edited to add, i've never heard of it!

Edited by Gary Marshall (log)

you don't win friends with salad

Devonshire arms 0*

Sketch 0*

Danesfield house 1*

Clivedon 0*

Wintringham fields 0*

Waterside 1* (This in my opinion is what it should be)

from the michelin post, you seem to like it, what did you think?

edited to add, i've never heard of it!

They've got salsa classes! I'm booking immediately.

I ate there when Aiden Byrne had just been installed as head chef and was serving up some really way-out food (full details sadly lost to history now). Its still worthy of note however as current chef is Adam Simmonds who won a star and 8/10 in the Good Food Guide at Ynyshir Hall. I hated the room though.

I ate there when Aiden Byrne had just been installed as head chef and was serving up some really way-out food (full details sadly lost to history now). Its still worthy of note however as current chef is Adam Simmonds who won a star and 8/10 in the Good Food Guide at Ynyshir Hall. I hated the room though.

I agree the dining room ( The oak room? i think)Is very pokey.Did a stage there last year and was really impressed ,the food looked very exciting and both adam and his sous were really focussed.Tasted alot of the food and saw the carte menu looked really good.Didn't take the job in the end and so far haven't found time to eat there (due to current job!)So was just wondering what you lot thought of it.Could be a great day out though with Hand and flowers,clivedon and fat duck a stones throw....

Never trust a skinny Chef

We were both favourably impressed by yesterday’s lunch in the Orangery Restaurant at Danesfield House. The three course menu consisted of 5 choices for each course including dishes that in my experience often come with a supplement on a Prix Fixe menu e.g. fois gras (with pan fried duck) as a main and cheese as a 3rd course option. Cooking, saucing and presentation of the dishes chosen was uniformly good to excellent.

The lunch menu is available on weekdays, with a glass of wine, for just £20 (about half the usual price) until the end of next month (Feb 14th excepted). This offer has to be quoted when booking and a downloaded voucher presented on arrival.

The food experience was enhanced by a sweeping view from the restaurant down to the Thames and across to the Chilterns, attentive but relaxed service, and extensive landscaped hillside gardens for a post lunch walk.

(I have no connection with Danesfield House)