• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO Donguri, Shuji and Michiko Fujita

dagordon

Shuji and Michiko Fujita until a couple of years ago had a great restaurant on the Upper East Side in Manhattan, Donguri. I know that they've moved back to Japan and have a restaurant somewhere in the country that AFAIK is also called 'Donguri'.

I'm trying to locate Donguri in Japan -- I know this is a longshot, but does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

I did a little searching. There seem to be many restaurants named donguri as well as a small okonomiyaki chain. It would help if you could describe some sort of signature dish or what type of food they served.

Here's a link to a NY Times review of the place, in case that helps.

Yup, they sold the restaurant in NY because (at least in part) Shuji needed back surgery, I think.

Sorry, no useful info there.

I can send an inquiry to the company he worked for:

http://www.seryna.co.jp/

if you want me to, although I'm not sure if they will give me a reply.