• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Richmond Dim Sum

sychocism

I'll be traveling out to Vancouver/Whistler area come mid-January and am looking for some great dim sum to try. I've never been to BC so I'm really looking forward to my trip. We get in extremely late/early Tuesday night so we'll be staying near the airport before picking up our rental car Wednesday morning.

Are there are authentic HK dim sum places near the airport that are open quite early? I've gotten some suggestions such as Kirin and Jade and Top Gun. Which do you prefer and why?

Much appreciated!

I'll be traveling out to Vancouver/Whistler area come mid-January and am looking for some great dim sum to try.  I've never been to BC so I'm really looking forward to my trip.  We get in extremely late/early Tuesday night so we'll be staying near the airport before picking up our rental car Wednesday morning.

Are there are authentic HK dim sum places near the airport that are open quite early?  I've gotten some suggestions such as Kirin and Jade and Top Gun.  Which do you prefer and why?

Much appreciated!

Try doing a google search on egullet (dim sum in vancouver) or go to

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=66692

There are a ton of places close to the airport that are open early - in fact, alot of restuarants encourage early diners by offering specials.

Along with Kirin and Jade - I'd suggest Gingeri (very clean fresh flavours, easy parking, quick in and out), Shun Feng (new place - very good dim sum service), or Chen's Shanghai Kitchen for very good Shanghainese dim sum and break fast items.

Let us know how it worked out!

Thanks for your help. I did see the other thread but I figured it was a year old and things tend to change. You'd be amazed at how many new dim sum places we've had in NY in the last couple of years.

My friends are planning on sleeping less than 3 hours before heading up to Whistler but I plan on sleeping in and visiting Richmond before making the trek up 99.