• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Poole's Diner Now Open

Varmint

Ashley Christensen, executive chef of Raleigh's Enoteca Vin opened her new restaurant, Poole's Downtown Diner last night. The food is very rich, very tasty country French, and I have high hopes for the place. As I wrote elsewhere, I have high hopes for this place and think it will be extremely successful. Raleigh has been missing a place like this, as all the "hip," chef-owned restaurants to open recently have been in Durham and Chapel Hill. Thank god that's changing!

Edited by Varmint (log)

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

Good food--we went Saturday night--I enjoyed everything. Two things--the service, I won't go there (read Varmint's blog) too badly, but it was atrocious and smugly unapologetic.

But, I think it time that stuff will get worked out. All of the food and drinks were very good, though I dislike the chalkboard menu--either have it visible from the whole place, or print menus.