• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Uses for candy molds

Darcie B

I inherited a huge bag of candy molds and other candy making tools. I would like to know what kind of candies or confections I can make in these molds besides chocolates or mints. I want to avoid using those crappy Wilton or Wilton-esque "candy melts." Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, the molds vary, either hard plastic or flexible plastic, if that makes any difference.

Also not a confection, but . . . ice cubes? Maybe something like using heart-shaped molds to make ice cubes out of raspberry juice, and floating them in lemonade. Or cranberry juice in grapefruit juice.

Also, if you've got little kids who like Jell-O or similar, maybe some mini-gelatin shapes to put in their lunches.