• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

YvetteMT

YvetteMT

Add yield

So 8 hours in the dehydrator and this will get packed into food saver bags (in serving-ish amounts) and put in the freezer. Yes i freeze my jerky even when using pink salt. 1- if it was room temp in the pantry it wouldn't last a week in my house (we love jerky) 2-I don't always use pink salt 3- there's a freezer bin specifically for jerky, doesnt everyone have one!?!

Fwiw, i don't think this batch is salty enough. Next time 48 hour soak on this recipe. 

Yield- 3lbs,12oz

20240617_092926.thumb.jpg.4d76e6e3ae8b0ac9ae3b67f9afcc0b96.jpg

YvetteMT

YvetteMT

So 8 hours in the dehydrator and this will get packed into food saver bags (in serving-ish amounts) and put in the freezer. Yes i freeze my jerky even when using pink salt. 1- if it was room temp in the pantry it wouldn't last a week in my house (we love jerky) 2-I don't always use pink salt 3- there's a freezer bin specifically for jerky, doesnt everyone have one!?!

Fwiw, i don't think this batch is salty enough. Next time 48 hour soak on this recipe. 

20240617_092926.thumb.jpg.4d76e6e3ae8b0ac9ae3b67f9afcc0b96.jpg