• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Micro Visit to Paris

dfunghi

I think your original plan is a good one, especially because in addition to great food you will get to see two of the loveliest neighborhoods in Paris, plus walk along the Seine. I have nothing against the 16th but having lived in both areas (near Porte Maillot for one year and in the 6th near the Pont des Arts for three) your first itinerary in the 5th and 6th would be my choice without hesitation.

And I would not be surprised if Da Rosa had foie gras, they have amazing unusual products and certainly have foie gras on thier menu. Although I doubt it is canned. There is a place on the Ile Saint Louis which only sells foie gras, in jars. It's not far, so you might have time. On rue Dauphine, not far from Da Rosa, there are two charcuteries, Charles (10 rue Dauphine) and Coesnon (30 rue Dauphine), they might cary some as well. Although I tend to think it won't be canned.

Da Rosa does have a website but it does not list all of their products.www.restaurant-da-rosa.com/restaurant-menu.php

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

• 1 month later...

Alas all the best laid plans of mice and men.

Between American Airlines service failures and the French rail strike I was unable to fulfill my plans. I spent my time in the Admirals Club at CDG terminal 2A. I ended up only having 3 hours or so and would need to clear security a second time upon return. So I opted for safety. I was told by airline employees that the trains were getting back to normal but to expect an hour in each direction to St. Michele. The AF bus was an option but also said to be one hour in each direction due to extra traffic from the rail strike. I had to err on the side of caution.

I really appreciated all the great input and ideas and of course have saved them in a file for future visits to Paris ( 2008?). Sorry to have let any of you down that were rooting for me and my micro trip.

Sadly I consumed all the last of my wonderful French Goose and Duck products in Oct. in anticipation of a resupply. Now I am left w/o.

With many thanks,

David

David West

A.K.A. The Mushroom Man

Founder of http://finepalatefoods.com/