• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

4 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

Indeed.  Like Kleenex, Tupperware seems to describe the whole category - in this case, storage containers. 
I never had any of the real deal Tupperware but I absolutely have a Tupperware drawer!

My daughters are in their late 20's and are university educated. When I told them what actual Tupperware was and how there used to be parties to buy it at, they laughed convulsively about "what a wild night out - lets go buy some plastic containers - yee haw!" Cheeky brats. I have always called all the plastic containers tupperware and I have a tupperware drawer that they grew up with but they honestly did not know that Tupperware was a brand name.

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

2 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

Indeed.  Like Kleenex, Tupperware seems to describe the whole category - in this case, storage containers. 
I never had any of the real deal Tupperware but I absolutely have a Tupperware drawer!

My daughters, who are in their late 20's and are university educated. When I told them what actual Tupperware was and how there used to be parties to buy it at, they laughed convulsively about "what a wild night out - lets go buy some plastic containers - yee haw!" Cheeky brats. I have always called all the plastic containers tupperware and I have a tupperware drawer that they grew up with but they honestly did not know that Tupperware was a brand name.