• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Legal Seafood

percyn

--

From their website:

690 West Dekalb Pike

The Court at King of Prussia Building

King of Prussia, PA 19406

Phone: 610-265-5566

General Manager: Doff Fleshman

Chef: Marcos Rodriguez

Mon-Thur: 11am-10pm

Fri & Sat: 11am-11pm

Sunday: 11am - 10pm

---

Been meaning to try this Boston institution since it opened and the Laban review combined with a not so good seafood experience at the shore was a perfect excuse to give it a try.

We were seated almost immediately on a weekday afternoon in a booth by the bar area. Not a ton of seats in this place, but all tables seemed cozy.

gallery_21049_162_1101.jpg

Maryland Cream of Crab - Substantial and tasty bowl of soup, poured table side

gallery_21049_162_11316.jpg

Cup of Clam Chowder which came with my entree - Good but preferred the cream of crab

gallery_21049_162_27691.jpg

They have some surprisingly good bread rolls, which are great to mop up the soup and mussel liquor with

New England Lobster Bake - HUGE portion of clams, mussels, a 1.25lb lobster, chorizo and corn. So big that I had to take the lobster home and make a lobster roll and some lobster bisque.

gallery_21049_162_15654.jpg

Service was friendly and efficient (not sure how much of that was because it was a weekday afternoon).

The only slight improvement I would like to see if them feeding the clams some corn meal to get rid of the grittiness.

Overall I had a better than expected experience and having just spent $250 for a disappointing dinner at Seablue the night before, this seemed like a bargain and much better quality.

Oh, they also have a little window/stall on the side where you can grab your stuff to go in you are in a hurry.

Edited by percyn (log)

So big that I had to take the lobster home and make a lobster roll and some lobster bisque.

A high class problem. :smile:

I need to get there for the whole belly fried clams. A rarity hereabouts. I checked out the menu on their website. All looks good, but...

They serve their lobster roll on a brioche bun!!!

Edited by Holly Moore (log)

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

So big that I had to take the lobster home and make a lobster roll and some lobster bisque.

Well, lobster did start out being a poor man's fare.

Not that I am complaining, as I did get to make this in addition to the lobster roll and lobster bisque.

Truffled Lobster Scrambled Eggs w/Chanterelle Mushrooms

gallery_21049_162_5910.jpg

From this Bostonian, LS is an institution here. Not fancy and certainly not high end by any means, but the seafood quality is consistently excellent. Someone from my school worked there and did rave about their attention to detail on acquisition, their standards, etc. I'm wondering if they truck the food to you from New England. Do you know/ did you ask??

Nothing revolutionary, but I do love their broiled trout.

-Mark-

---------------------------------------------------------

"If you don't want to use butter, add cream."

Julia Child

I need to get there for the whole belly fried clams. A rarity hereabouts. I checked out the menu on their website. All looks good, but...

I have not been to the KoP LS, but I have spent many a lunch/dinner at LS in terminal B in Logan Airport. The Lobster Roll there is served with the standard "hot dog" style roll one is accustomed to find in Maine and Boston. However, if you look at the menu for several of the LS (Baltimore, Warwich, KoP and even Braintree outside of Boston) you will see the same reference to a brioche bun... Not sure why they do things differently other than to offer a different or upscale experience.

• 1 month later...
I need to get there for the whole belly fried clams.  A rarity hereabouts.  I checked out the menu on their website.  All looks good, but...

Holly, I was there recently because I was jonsing (as Katie might say) for a Lobster Roll. I am happy to report, that they DO NOT serve it on a brioche bun.

gallery_21049_162_46079.jpg

The lobster meat seemed to be from the claws and knuckles only. It seemed fresh and firm vs the mushy textured ones I have been served at other establishments. The fries and slaw were pretty good too. Not sure about the value quotient given the $19.99 price tag....though it beats the alternative of a $149 ticket to Boston.

Went for lunch with my mother in law after a shopping trip a few months ago. I had the belly clam roll - wonderul. I could tell the oil used for frying was very clean, a rarity. Been meaning to go back but haven't yet. She raved about the cream of crab soup.

Service was better than other places at the mall but I had to ask for beverages on 3 different occasions and they did the silly bottled water on the table - if you open it you pay. Felt like a hotel mini bar. If I want bottled water I'll ask for it.

Lisa K

Lavender Sky

"No one wants black olives, sliced 2 years ago, on a sandwich, you savages!" - Jim Norton, referring to the Subway chain.