• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Becoming a private chef

chefdg

I have recently been aproached by a luxury residence club to become a private chef to their members who come to the area for a stay. From what I understand there are celebraties, and sports figures who are members of this club, and this particular location is somewhat family orientated.

I am looking for any and all advice about being a private chef, what the annual salary can be, and what not to love about it. Thanks DG

"He could blanch anything in the fryolator and finish it in the microwave or under the salamander. Talented guy."

I'm not a private chef, nor do I play one on TV, but an acquaintance was a personal yoga teacher to the stars, and she said they could be very, very demanding. Most of her celebrity clients were far more demanding than her other clients. That could be the downpoint to taking a job like this..