• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner near South Street Seaport

Rosie

A second for the Bridge. Dinner can be very good, and the atmosphere is delightful. REally not to be beat in the area.

The Bridge Cafe can be fun - it's in a great historic building, too, blocks from the seaport!  279 Water St.

And there's Adrienne's Pizza at  54 Stone St. Pizza's not bad.

We don't mind walking and don't want pizza. Any other suggestions?

Well, you're within walking distance of Chinatown - Oriental Garden on Elizabeth has great seafood and is highly regarded. However, it's still a Chinese restaurant in both decor and service. Chinatown Brasserie could fit the bill.

Ssam bar is then only another hop, skip and a jump. And for that matter, you could consider Tribeca walking distance as well.

But you're basically in an area that's not known for its concentration of wonderful restaurants....and I don't think you're all going to want to walk too far if the weather is anything like today's or tomorrow's!

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

We don't mind walking and don't want pizza. Any other suggestions?

Well, you're within walking distance of Chinatown - Oriental Garden on Elizabeth has great seafood and is highly regarded. However, it's still a Chinese restaurant in both decor and service. Chinatown Brasserie could fit the bill.

Ssam bar is then only another hop, skip and a jump. And for that matter, you could consider Tribeca walking distance as well.

But you're basically in an area that's not known for its concentration of wonderful restaurants....and I don't think you're all going to want to walk too far if the weather is anything like today's or tomorrow's!

That's helluva walk from South St Seaport to Tribeca and CTown Brasserie in this hot weather.

Leave the gun, take the canoli