• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dairy Queen Cherry Sundae Sauce?

zoe b

The hub adores these cherry sundaes--last year for his birthday I bought two pints of the cherry sauce from the manager of the local DQ--he charged me $5 a pint, which considering how expensive cherries are, I thought was reasonable.

If you've never had the sundae--it's dark cherries in a syrup--the manager said DQ has their own cherries which come in a giant can, and they make up the sauce--I guess by combining with a syrup or making one.

I've been trying to find a source for a giant can of cherries online--using the little cans from the supermarket would cost more than the $5--plus I think it's fun to replicate things sometimes--does anyone have any ideas on sources for canned cherries?

Zoe

Restaurant Depot maybe......

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

I just noticed Restaurant Depot --it was off of 287 I think--is it only open to people who have restaurants? That's what it looked like from what i saw online.