• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Outdoor Dining Spots?

Rich Pawlak

P.S. Don't know if this would qualify, but, Great Falls ice cream in Bridgeport is right on the Schyulkill and has wonderful benches and such for eating a cone and watching the falls. The do sammies and stuff as well.

Lisa K

Lavender Sky

"No one wants black olives, sliced 2 years ago, on a sandwich, you savages!" - Jim Norton, referring to the Subway chain.

Strictly for the outside patio, La Stalla in Newtown. The food is tired and the staff reeks with Euro-elitism but the bocce court and outside bar are kind of cool. Actually, not too bad for appetizers and a few drinks in the spring/summer months.

North: the courtyard at Hamilton's Grill Room in Lambertville

The courtyard at the Swan in Lambertville is pretty charming too. I think they only serve the grill menu out there, which is much less swanky than the main dining room, but has a few good things on it...

"Philadelphia’s premier soup dumpling blogger" - Foobooz

philadining.com

I hate to have my first post start with a lukewarm recommendation (I am a long-time lurker), but the patio at Coyote Crossing in Conshohocken is a great setting. I can't, however, vouch for the food. Although we have had many pleasant meals there over the years, last time we were there (last fall?), the food was so bad we have not returned. Another Main Line place where we enjoyed dining outdoors last summer (other than 333 Belrose in Radnor, which someone else already mentioned) was on the deck at Nectar, in Berywyn. A final thought--I believe that Pond, in Radnor, may serve outdoors in good weather. I haven't checked it out, but that's a lovely spot.

I believe that Pond, in Radnor, may serve outdoors in good weather. I haven't checked it out, but that's a lovely spot.

I've not eaten there, but was told by management that they definitely serve outside in nice weather. There are actually two separate outdoor areas if I'm not mistaken. It certainly is very pretty there, and the pair of swans a-swimming in the pond are just the stuff of fairy tales.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol