• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

26 minutes ago, Sweet Impact Mama said:

Well, since they haven't done much testing on chocolates under lights, I'm not 100% sure. Most of my chocolates don't stay in the counter more than a few weeks, these days, but since they are at a wholesale customer's location, I don't have quite as tight of controls. I get the impression that they have not broken into the colored cocoa butter world at all. They seem to have been focused on markets such as cereals, beverages, baked goods, etc. I think they've gotten into candy coatings, but that's it. The company seems to be huge and their R & D department paperwork and sample distribution is serious... top notch paperwork, sample packing, etc. 

At this point, I'm quite happy with what I've seen with the blues and reds. But, like I said above, my biggest problem is that I'm just not able to go through their minimum size purchase, fast enough. 1kg of powder, when it only takes about 2 tsp max to do an 8 oz container of cocoa butter....One has to go through a LOT of each cocoa butter color in a year, to need that much. 

Wonder if they would be willing to entertain something where you pay for the 1 kg at the beginning and they send you out 200 grams once a year? Though ultimately it probably makes the most sense to go in with a few other people. 

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

23 minutes ago, Sweet Impact Mama said:

Well, since they haven't done much testing on chocolates under lights, I'm not 100% sure. Most of my chocolates don't stay in the counter more than a few weeks, these days, but since they are at a wholesale customer's location, I don't have quite as tight of controls. I get the impression that they have not broken into the colored cocoa butter world at all. They seem to have been focused on markets such as cereals, beverages, baked goods, etc. I think they've gotten into candy coatings, but that's it. The company seems to be huge and their R & D department paperwork and sample distribution is serious... top notch paperwork, sample packing, etc. 

At this point, I'm quite happy with what I've seen with the blues and reds. But, like I said above, my biggest problem is that I'm just not able to go through their minimum size purchase, fast enough. 1kg of powder, when it only takes about 2 tsp max to do an 8 oz container of cocoa butter....One has to go through a LOT of each cocoa butter color in a year, to need that much. 

Wonder if they would be willing to entertain something where you pay for the 1 kg at the beginning and they send you out 200 grams once a year?