• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

E. M. Pashman

E. M. Pashman

The problem was that most of the "nicer" strainers, in sets or sold singly, had major design flaws -- the spring wasn't large enough to keep the strainer in the shaker securely, or the handle was long (what's the point of that?). That was the main reason I never bought the Rosle strainer -- that and the price, although I could have gotten a substantial discount.

Because of the long handle or an inadequate spring? I have Rösle's strainer and use it with their Boston shaker and it works well. The spring is certainly tense enough, and the thing's very solid and substantial. I suppose the only reason for the handle is to hang it up, but I've never felt that it gets in the way. ...

Eric