• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

mumkin

mumkin

added a few links

I have a new 36" RCS sitting in my dining room at the moment, waiting for the kitchen remodel to wrap up. Like you, CentralMA, I couldn't discern a functional difference between the RCS and baseline RNB other than the 22K BTU burner, so decided to put that extra thousand bucks elsewhere. If it turns out I really need a 22K BTU burner, I'll replace one of the 15Ks.

BlueStar won't sell you a 22K burner unless you can prove you own an RNB range, but people on eBay will, as (I'm told) will some online appliance stores. The going rate seems to be about $150 (the 18K is the same burner, but you use a different orifice to upgrade it to 22k). 

mumkin

mumkin

added a few links

I have a new 36" RCS sitting in my dining room at the moment, waiting for the kitchen remodel to wrap up. Like you, CentralMA, I couldn't discern a functional difference between the RCS and baseline RNB other than the 22K BTU burner, so decided to put that extra thousand bucks elsewhere. If it turns out I really need a 22K BTU burner, I'll replace one of the 15Ks.

BlueStar won't sell you a 22K burner unless you can prove you own an RNB range, but people on eBay will, as (I'm told) some online appliance stores. The going rate seems to be about $150 (it's the same burner, but you use a different orifice to upgrade it to 22k). 

mumkin

mumkin

BlueStar won't sell you a 22K burner unless you can prove you own an RNB range, but people on eBay will, as (I'm told) some online appliance stores. The going rate seems to be about $200.