• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I do have a turkey fryer burner which—in terms of turkey fryer burners— is a good quality one, but the flame ring isn't as large as or as well defined as the Tajas Smokers burners.

I'll dig the turkey fry burner out and try it, but it doesn't have a needle valve (but one could be added) for more precise temperature control.

I do work with charcoal a lot but I'd like to have a versatile gas burner that I can also use the my All-American pressure canners, etc.

I would also like to set up a charcoal salamander based a on a park grill and with some expanded steel mesh to better contain the coals.

Charcoal salamanders do an excellent job broiling. devil2.gif

Check out the following short Alton Brown video—the important business starts at about 1:30...

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I do have a turkey fryer burner which—in terms of turkey fryer burners— is a good quality one, but the flame ring isn't as large as or as well defined the Tajas Smokers burners.

I'll dig the turkey fry burner out and try it, but it doesn't have a needle valve (but one could be added) for more precise temperature control.

I do work with charcoal a lot but I'd like to have a versatile gas burner that I can also use the my All-American pressure canners, etc.

I would also like to set up a charcoal salamander based a on a park grill and with some expanded steel mesh to better contain the coals.

Check out the following short Alton Brown video—the important business starts at about 1:30...

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I do have a turkey fryer burner which—in terms of turkey fryer burners— is a good quality one, but the flame ring isn't as large as or as well defined the Tajas Smokers burners.

The the following short Alton Brown video, the important business starts at about 1:30...

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I do have a turkey fryer burner which—in terms of turkey fryer burners— is a good quality one, but the flame ring isn't a large as or as well defined the Tajas Smokers burners.

I would also like to set up charcoal salamander based a on a park grill and with some expanded steel mesh to better contain the coals.

The the following short Alton Brown video, the important business starts at about 1:30...

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I do have a turkey fryer burner which—in terms of turkey fryer burners— is a good quality one, but the flame ring isn't a large as  oe as well defined the Tajas Smokers burners.

I'll dig the turkey fry burner out and try it, but it doesn't have a needle valve (but one could be added) for more proccise temperature control.

I would also like to set up charcoal salamander based a on a park grill and with some expanded steel mesh to better contain the coals.