• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Working in Washington, DC

Hi Chef Jose,

Thanks for joining us here at eGullet.

Why did you choose DC to open your first restaurant? Why do you stay in the area? I've heard rumors of your being offered opportunities elsewhere that you turned down. What attracts you to the DC area, and what would it take for you to consider expanding to another city or country?

Hi Chef Jose,

Thanks for joining us here at eGullet.

Why did you choose DC to open your first restaurant? Why do you stay in the area? I've heard rumors of your being offered opportunities elsewhere that you turned down. What attracts you to the DC area, and what would it take for you to consider expanding to another city or country?

Well DC is my city since I was 23..........................................at 37 is no time for me to go nowhere....We have the best restaurant city in USA, great of everything, good quality of live, good farmers, good soccer fields, 6 hours away from Spain.....3 daughters and a wife, which I love ............Men this is Paradise, even if I like New York and LA too....