• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Cardinal has left the Big House

djsexyb

Bonny Doon has had a few changes recently...check this press release...

http://www.bonnydoonvineyard.com/bdv/pr-Bi...rdinalSold.html

i think this biggest thing to come out of all this is that thier Pacific Rim Wines are going to start taking a more center stage with an expanded line. and their chennin blanc and riesling is already quite good QPR.

Grand Cru Productions

Private High End Dinners and Personal Chef Service

in Chicago, Illinois

For more information email me at:

grandcruproductions@hotmail.com

Bonny Doon has had a few changes recently...check this press release...

http://www.bonnydoonvineyard.com/bdv/pr-Bi...rdinalSold.html

i think this biggest thing to come out of all this is that thier Pacific Rim Wines are going to start taking a more center stage with an expanded line. and their chennin blanc and riesling is already quite good QPR.

FWIW, the last bottle of Big House red and BH white I tasted (current releases) had more wood in them then previous vintages. I did not notice any difference in the BH pink.

Best, Jim

www.CowanCellars.com

FWIW, the last bottle of Big House red and BH white I tasted (current releases) had more wood in them then previous vintages. I did not notice any difference in the BH pink.

Best, Jim

understandable, the big house wines are not the greatest (the pink seems to be the best out of the bunch), but you could do alot worse when purchasing a $10 bottle of wine.

alternately, im kinda glad to see if move, becuase, as stated above and in the press release, they're going to put more effort into the pacific rim label, which shows much more promise than big house.

Edited by djsexyb (log)

Grand Cru Productions

Private High End Dinners and Personal Chef Service

in Chicago, Illinois

For more information email me at:

grandcruproductions@hotmail.com