• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Polian

Polian

Hello everyone. 

I am new to the forum, tried to search for the topic, so sorry if the similar top has had a place. 

I am started using Grex Tritium with 0.7mm nozzle with CAT 4610AC at around 50-60 PSI using 50cc metal cup. 

The CB that I put in is around 30,5-31,5 degree C. What I have found is that the CB temperature inside the cup and the brush drops very rapidly (I can measure the temperature close to the needle with the thermometer) .

I understand this is due to the cold compressed air and likely due to the metal cup itself. However its become really cumbersome as I have to heat up the brush almost after every mold and if I don't, at the second mold the CB can easily be at 26C. The surrounding temperature is around 20C

With my old brush I had glass jars that held temperature pretty well. Just wondering if anyone experiencing the same issue and maybe there are some suggestions how to get around this. This will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

Polian

Polian

Hello everyone. 

I am new to the forum, tried to search for the topic, so sorry if the similar top has had a place. 

I am started using Grex Tritium with 0.7mm nozzle with CAT 4610AC at around 50-60 PSI using 50cc metal cup. 

The CB that I put in is around 30,5-31,5 degree C. What I have found is that the CB temperature inside the cup and the brush drops very rapidly (I can measure the temperature close to the needle with the thermometer) .

I understand this is due to the cold compressed air and likely due to the metal cup itself. However its become really cumbersome as I have heat up the brush almost after every mold and if I don't, at the second mold the CB can easily be at 26C. The surrounding temperature is around 20C

With my old brush I had glass jars that held temperature pretty well. Just wondering if anyone experiencing the same issue and maybe there are some suggestions how to get around this. This will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!