• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Small Glass Martini Pitchers -- where?

TallDrinkOfWater

Once upon a time somewhere on eG I could swear there was a post about the small glass martini pitchers used at Pegu Club, though I can't seem to find that now. I remember there was a question about where those were sourced from, but no answer that I ever saw.

It's even possible to see those pitchers at the Pegu Club web site; if you click on the "Contact Us" link, it's in the very first picture -- a drink is being poured out of one into a small iced carafe.

At any rate, this is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for; I'd like to get at least a couple for my home bar (the small size lends to easier storage, an easier fit in the freezer, greater ease of use when mixing several friends different drinks at once, etc.)

Does anyone know where Pegu Club gets these? Or, if they custom-source them, do any vendors carry something similar?

I'm definitely looking for small pitchers rather than mini shakers.

Thanks!

-Dayne aka TallDrinkOfWater

###

"Let's get down to business. For the gin connoisseur, a Martini garnish varies by his or her mood. Need a little get-up-and-go?---lemon twist. Wednesday night and had a half-tough day at the office?---olive. Found out you're gonna have group sex with Gwen Stefani and Scarlett Johansson at midnight?---pour yourself a pickled onion Gibson Martini at 8:00, sharp." - Lonnie Bruner, DC Drinks

i'm sure if you emailed the Pegu Club directly they'd be happy to tell you where they get the pitchers. hopefully, it'll be a source that sells to the general public. please let us know what you find out. thanks

You mean these?

gallery_8505_276_86727.jpg

Awesome, aren't they? AFAIK, they get them from an outfit in Germany & they're not available at retail in the US. I think it may be possible to order them, but I don't think they're cheap. Especially if you are only getting one or two.

Also, I'm not sure I'd call them "small." They each stand around 7 of 8 inches tall.

--

You mean these?

[...]

Also, I'm not sure I'd call them "small."  They each stand around 7 of 8 inches tall.

Yes, those! And yeah, they might be just a wee bit bigger than I had in mind, but I haven't been able to find anything else even close (oh sure, I could just use pint glasses, but where's the fun in that?)

Anyway, I'll enquire directly to Pegu Club, and if they tell me anything useful I'll be sure to post the info here.

###

"Let's get down to business. For the gin connoisseur, a Martini garnish varies by his or her mood. Need a little get-up-and-go?---lemon twist. Wednesday night and had a half-tough day at the office?---olive. Found out you're gonna have group sex with Gwen Stefani and Scarlett Johansson at midnight?---pour yourself a pickled onion Gibson Martini at 8:00, sharp." - Lonnie Bruner, DC Drinks

Ooooooh Sam! That antique cocktail pitcher is gorgeous!

It's taking every fiber of my being not to go on an eBay binge right now... :angry:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Sam, those are some great pictures. I noticed the bottle of Laird's Bonded, where did you get your hands on that. Audrey mentioned that it is not distributed in NYC and definitely in New England. I have been on the lookout for the past year. I have been told that it is a remarkable product and that the prolonged aging really makes an incredible difference. For my taste, applejack is very mellow and incredibly mixable already in its current state. Combined with the bargain price, it is hard to find a better overall value.

Audrey from Pegu Club very kindy (and quickly) responded to my inquiry, and referred me to APS Glass & Bar Supply, in Germany.

My high-school German is quite dusty, but it looks like APS is geared mostly at industry rather than individual orders (which isn't surprising), though they're not actually opposed to sending things to individuals. There are minimum quantity orders, I think.

The mixing glasses themselves are available by selecting Bar Produkte, then Mixinglas / Rührglas. I don't actually see the same product listed in the Online Store portion of the site, which does seem to be geared towards individual orders.

I don't expect these are very expensive, but as Audrey pointed out, shipping from Germany would not be cheap, so at least for now I'm probably not going to pursue this too much -- besides, regular shakers or pint glasses work just fine, and there are always the options pointed out by Sam.

Thanks all.

###