• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

To add link

10 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Do canned sardines expire or do they live on forever?

“I remember visiting a small-scale conserverie, or cannery, in northern Brittany during those years. Just before I left, the owner, Marie Bevillon, handed me a gorgeous tin of sardines. “Don’t eat it right away!” she said. “Turn it over regularly and they’ll get even better, like a good bottle of wine.” And they did! I've been sold ever since.”

— The Tinned Fish Cookbook: Easy-to-Make Meals from Ocean to Plate—Sustainably Canned, 100% Delicious by Bart van Olphen

Also, The Art of Sardine Collecting

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

10 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

“I remember visiting a small-scale conserverie, or cannery, in northern Brittany during those years. Just before I left, the owner, Marie Bevillon, handed me a gorgeous tin of sardines. “Don’t eat it right away!” she said. “Turn it over regularly and they’ll get even better, like a good bottle of wine.” And they did! I've been sold ever since.”

— The Tinned Fish Cookbook: Easy-to-Make Meals from Ocean to Plate—Sustainably Canned, 100% Delicious by Bart van Olphen

Also, The Art of Sardine Collecting

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

9 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said: