• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

best studying spots

angeleyes8680

Looking for suggestions.

Every week I write a short feature article/guide for the website www.tasteof604.com, just to get conversation started and get other users to make their recommendations based on a particular theme.

This week's feature is on places to study outside the comfort of home. So anywhere open late night with good coffee, internet access, accessible electrical outlets... stuff like that.

Need some ideas to get started, anyone have any? Help is much appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

Let's talk about Food @ www.tasteof604.com!

Looking for suggestions. 

Every week I write a short feature article/guide for the website www.tasteof604.com, just to get conversation started and get other users to make their recommendations based on a particular theme.

This week's feature is on places to study outside the comfort of home.  So anywhere open late night with good coffee, internet access, accessible electrical outlets... stuff like that. 

Need some ideas to get started, anyone have any? Help is much appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

Try going to WifiMug http://vancouver.wifimug.org/ . It's a guide on wireless coffee shops in Vancouver.

Edited by DarkDante (log)

having problems accessing the site  :hmmm:

is it just my connection?

Hmm works for me!

Some good spots (for listing sake)

- Calhouns (Broadway west of Mcdonald) [they never seem to kick you out]

- OurTown (Broadway and Main)

I could have sworn I read on the forums here somewhere of a Coffee place that actually had a sign that said something about "For students, come in and just hang out/study".

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

I recommend Our Town as well, I used to go there all the time before I hooked up my internet at home. Although, I will say the network was a little tempermental. The coffee more than makes up for it though! They also have wine! :unsure: